Ameesha Patel is an Indian actress and model. She was born on 9 June, 1975 in a Guajarati family. For many years now, she has been one of the most popular and sexiest Bollywood actresses and models. Here are some of the most interesting facts about her.
1. Amisha, her birth name, is actually a blend of the last three letters of Asha, her mother’s name, and the first three letters of Amit, her father’s name. Ameesha Patel is not only an actress and a model, but she is also a trained Bharatnatyam dancer, and she started practicing it at the age of five.
2. She is passionate about animals and is actively involved in ensuring their wellbeing. In fact, Ameesha Patel is a member of PETA, an organization that champions the cause of animals. She believes that animals are not ours to wear, use for entertainment, experiment on or eat. PETA is an abbreviation of Ethical Treatment of Animals.
3. In 1999, Ameesha Patel met Vikram Bhatt, a filmmaker, when they started working on their very first movie together. The film they worked on called “Aap Mujhe Achche Lagne” was released in 2002. The two started dating after the release of their film. They dated for five years before they went separate ways. She is the one who broke up with Vikram Bhatt.
4. She made her acting debut in the “Kaho Naa… Pyaar” film in 2000. The movie was actually a blockbuster and it put Patel in the limelight in Bollywood. Rakesh Rosha, her father’s schoolmate, offered her the role of Sonia immediately she graduated from high school. However, Patel refused to take the offer because she wanted to proceed with her education. After her refusal to take the project, Kareena Kapoor took up that role, but later dropped out and the chance was given to Patel again.
5. In 2008, Ameesha Patel dated Kanav Puri, a London-based businessman. She confirmed their relationship when she was being interviewed. In 2010, she broke up with her long- time boyfriend on grounds that she needed to focus more on her career.
6. She is frequently cited as among the sexiest and most beautiful Indian film actresses of all time. In fact, Radiff featured her as one of the sexiest Bollywood actresses, and topmost Bollywood actresses of 2010. On Radiff’s list of 2008, Patel was ranked the tenth actress among the top Bollywood actresses. Radiff also cited actress Patel as one of the Sexiest Magazine Cover Girls of 2008.
7. In 2011, actress Patel established her own production company, which she named asAmeesha Patel Productions. Patel made an extended appearance in the movie “Race 2”,which was released in 2013.
8. Patel has also appeared in a couple of Telugu films. In Patel’s second film, ‘Badri’, the Telugu language drama, Ameesha Patel starred opposite Pawan Kalyan.
9. She was widely praised for her amazing performance in her film “Gadar: Ek Prem Katha’, in which she starred opposite Sunny Deol. Patel had to go through a 12-hour audition to get the part.
10. She performed a show in 2004 to raise money for Tsunami victims.